Blackbaud Powers Social Good Through Corporate Citizenship
The Company Shares Ways It Has Given Back to Global Communities in 2022
"We're working to build a better world alongside our customers and the larger social good community, as well as through philanthropy, employee commitments, and operations that help create a thriving and sustainable future for all," said Margaret "Maggie" Driscoll, chief people and culture officer, Blackbaud. "Our team has showed up in astounding ways this year, and as we head into the holiday season, we want to celebrate all that we can accomplish together."
Blackbaud's contributions and activations to help good take over in 2022 include:
- Donation to Project Drawdown: Earlier this year, Blackbaud announced its annual major donation, this year making a multi-year, six-figure gift to Project Drawdown, a nonprofit focused on solutions for climate change. In addition to supporting their efforts to identify research-based climate solutions, Blackbaud supports the Drawdown Stories initiative, which showcases various people in climate careers and surfaces underrepresented voices.
- Employee Volunteering: Blackbaud held nearly 100 employer-led volunteer opportunities in five countries this year. This includes the company's annual Week of Caring, held in November, during which employees completed 25 projects in 11 U.S. cities. Organizations benefitting from Blackbaud employee volunteering this year include Braven in the
U.S., TutorMate in the U.K.and Community Centre 55 in Canada, among others.
- Disaster Relief Donations: To support global communities in need and aid in recovery efforts, Blackbaud made donations following several natural disasters and crises this year, including: floods in
Nigeria; wildfires in Boulder, Colorado; flooding in eastern Kentucky; Hurricanes Fiona and Ian; the war in Ukraine; the humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan; and mass shootings in Buffalo, New Yorkand Uvalde, Texas.
- Global Grants: Blackbaud distributed more than 145 grants this year via the company's Reward Your Passion and Community Matters grants programs, as well as the
Blackbaud Fund. These grants served over 80 cities in five countries. Through these programs, Blackbaud employees serve as grant committee reviewers to direct funds to organizations of their choice.
- Technology Donations: This year, Blackbaud donated more than 500 devices to nonprofits to bridge the digital divide for families and students. Recipient organizations included: Human-IT,
Kramden Institute, Charleston Bilingual Academyand Children's Museum of the Lowcountry.
- Blackbaud Global Toy Drive: For the 23rd year, Blackbaud held its annual holiday toy drive, serving organizations across the globe to bring cheer to families. Blackbaud employees have donated more than 123,000 total toys over the program's history.
- Annual Donation to
One80 Place: For more than 20 years, Blackbaud has made an annual donation to One80 Place, an organization in Charleston, S.C., where Blackbaud is headquartered, to support their mission of preventing and ending homelessness. Blackbaud has donated nearly $475,000to the program over two decades. This year's donation was made in support of One80 Place'sgoal of putting 850 individuals in housing and achieving 85% housing retention for clients who have successfully exited programs.
Additionally in 2022, Blackbaud achieved carbon neutrality and committed to new, transparent sustainability reporting. Blackbaud has been recognized by Newsweek as one of America's Most Responsible Companies 2023, by Quartz as one of the Best Companies for
Learn more about ways that Blackbaud gives back in the most recent Blackbaud Social Responsibility Report.
Blackbaud (NASDAQ: BLKB) is the world's leading cloud software company powering social good. Serving the entire social good community—nonprofits, higher education institutions, K–12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies and individual change agents—Blackbaud connects and empowers organizations to increase their impact through cloud software, services, expertise and data intelligence. The Blackbaud portfolio is tailored to the unique needs of vertical markets, with solutions for fundraising and CRM, marketing, advocacy, peer-to-peer fundraising, corporate social responsibility (CSR) and environmental, social and governance (ESG), school management, ticketing, grantmaking, financial management, payment processing and analytics. Serving the industry for more than four decades, Blackbaud is a remote-first company headquartered in
Except for historical information, all of the statements, expectations, and assumptions contained in this news release are forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties, including statements regarding expected benefits of products and product features. Although Blackbaud attempts to be accurate in making these forward-looking statements, it is possible that future circumstances might differ from the assumptions on which such statements are based. In addition, other important factors that could cause results to differ materially include the following: general economic risks; uncertainty regarding increased business and renewals from existing customers; continued success in sales growth; management of integration of acquired companies and other risks associated with acquisitions; risks associated with successful implementation of multiple integrated software products; the ability to attract and retain key personnel; risks associated with management of growth; lengthy sales and implementation cycles, particularly in larger organization; technological changes that make our products and services less competitive; and the other risk factors set forth from time to time in the
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/blackbaud-powers-social-good-through-corporate-citizenship-301706963.html